Our new policy tells you about:
- How you can exercise your rights to control how we use your information
- How we may use your address to keep you up to date on our work
- How we tailor our communications and make sure you hear from us about things you are interested in
1. Why we use your information
- We will only use your information where we have a legal basis to do so and will always respect your rights.
- Where we use your information, it may be because you have consented to us doing so or because we consider we have a legitimate interest to do so. Where we do rely on a legitimate interest to use your information, we will always ensure that this is done in a way so as not to be intrusive or cause distress, and that respects your rights.
- You have given us your consent to use the information for a specified purpose, such as sending you marketing and promotions emails.
2. How we use your information to fulfil your requests and support you
- To respond to or fulfil any requests, complaints or queries you make to us
- If you contact us directly, we will use the information you give to us to handle your enquiry or request. This may include responding to your query or feedback, or sending you relevant information, such as a proposal and marketing materials. This can help us to handle queries more efficiently.
- Where you provide contact details, we will provide information and support by post, phone, email, via social media, and any other channels for which you have provided your details.
3. How we use your information
3.1 To send you marketing communications by email or direct message on social media, where you have agreed to receive this.
- Where you have provided an email or details of your social media profiles and consented to being contacted in this way, we will send you information by those channels – including by direct message through social media.
3.2 To manage your contact preferences
- You can tell us to stop contacting you, or change the way in which we do so, by getting in touch with us to firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will keep a record of any requests to stop receiving marketing from us to ensure that we do not communicate with you in the future, unless you tell us you want to hear from us again.
4. Sharing your information with other organisations
- We will never share your information with third parties for their own purposes.
5. How long we keep your information
- As a general rule, we will hold your information to keep in contact and advise you of updates of George Mewes Cheese. You can request to not receive such information at any time.
6. Your rights
Under the General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) you have the following rights:
- Information Right – the right to receive the information contained in this policy and our data collection forms about the way we process your personal data.
- Personal Data Access Right – the right to know that we are processing your personal data and, in most circumstances, to have a copy of the personal data of yours that we hold. You can also ask for certain other details such as what purpose we process your data for and how long we hold it.
- Personal Data Correction Right – You have the right to request that we correct inaccurate data or complete incomplete data that we hold on you.
Personal Data Erasure Right – Known as the Right to be forgotten. In certain circumstances you may request that we erase your personal data held by us.
Personal Data Restriction Right – You have the right to restrict the way we process your personal data in certain circumstances, for example if: you contest the accuracy of the data, if our processing is unlawful, to pursue legal claims, where we are relying on legitimate interests to process data.
Data Processing Objection Right – You have the right to object to us processing your data for (i) direct marketing purposes (ii) scientific or historical research or statistical purposes and (iii) purposes of profiling related to direct marketing or based on our legitimate interests or on the performance of a task in the public interest
Data Portability Right – you have the right to receive a copy of certain personal data or to have it transferred to another organisation in some circumstances
6.1 Right to Withdraw Consent at any time
Where we use your personal information based on your prior consent to send you marketing communications by email, mobile messaging and by direct message on social media, you can withdraw your consent at any time by contacting us.
If you have any complaints about how we handle your personal data, please contact us so we can resolve the issue, where possible.
8. How we keep your information you’re secure
We take such measure as are appropriate to ensure the confidentiality, integrity and availability of systems, which are regularly independently tested and reviewed.